Oct 20, 2009

Alderwood Wedding Venue

I am lucky enough to have experienced what an outdoor wedding is like at my very first featured wedding venue, Alderwood Farm, and I have been waiting patiently since my experience to write an article about it. The creative mind behind the breathtaking outdoor landscape, Jules, sent me some pictures today, and I couldn't wait to share them with my readers!

Alderwood Farm is located in a huge, private, and secluded area of land on Bowen Island, BC. Bowen Island is a 15 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver, or from Granville Island. Alderwood boasts a fabulous artisan-style shop with all sorts of delectable treats, foods, and deluxe packaged meals. Tucked away up from the shop, on a cozy nook, sits the most romantic bed and breakfast I have ever seen (or had the pleasure to stay in).



The farm is rich with greenery and flowers, and it isn't uncommon for a mother hen and her baby chicks to come waddling peacefully across your path. The wedding venue area has been designed with every detail in consideration. There is a higher plateau, perfect for the dinner reception. This higher plateau is set up with a covered area, and a clear slanted roof (so as to capture the beautiful light of day and view the clear stars at night). There is a wooden stage set up in the background, and behind that is a tiered rock formation, reminiscent of something out of paradise.

The plateau slightly lower than the first is perfect for the wedding ceremony, and the one that I witnessed there was heartwarming and beautiful.



Below those two plateaus is a large open area. For the wedding I witnessed there, they used this area to set up another romantic tent, with a delectable array of desserts (all catering was done by Jules, the owner of the farm). There were also tables set up for après-dinner coffee, and tea. The 3rd tent on the lower area was set up for one of the bars.



By the time the sun went down, and every guest's face was aglow with the warmth that comes from such a beautiful celebration, the romantic aspects of having an outdoor wedding really began to shine, literally. Jules had anticipated having an opportunity to use the night to her atmospheric advantage, and all around us lanterns were suddenly lit, illuminating all of the fantastic decorations and flowers. Glowing lanterns hung from the reception area. Sparkling glass lanterns lined the walkways, and the entire scene was so magical, I doubt anything I describe could ever really do it justice. I wish I had night pictures, but I hope I have given you an idea.

The website is here: Alderwood Farm Weddings. Jules can be reached at alderwoodfarm@shaw.ca and their phone number is 604-947-9434.

1 comments:

hungeryjack said...

Nice post - outdoor wedding pictures ..Keep Posting


Ron
outdoor wedding pictures

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated ;)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com